Bradford District Assembly provides a channel to engage directly on key issues facing the sector such as commissioning and the Compact; similarly it provides a route for the partnerships to engage with the District’s voluntary and community sector.
Who is involved?
- Active citizens
- Small community groups
- Voluntary sector groups and organisations
- Networks and umbrella organisations
- Neighbourhood groups
What do the Assembly and forums do?
- Enable communication and collaborative working between the voluntary and community sector and the Bradford District Partnership Board via elected forum representatives, themed meetings, events and consultation.
- Enable communication and collaborative working between the voluntary and community sector and other strategic groups and bodies (eg Clinical Commissioning Groups, Bradford District Care Trust) via elected forum representatives, themed meetings, events and consultation.
- Promote the role of the voluntary and community sector within local planning, policy, strategic decision-making and commissioning arrangements.
- Inform and influence decision-making partnerships.
- Ensure the voices of marginalised groups and communities are heard and equally considered.
Currently Bradford District Assembly has 8 forums. Minutes, forum representatives and feedback reports can be found on each forum page of the Bradford Assembly website: